Ken Craft is a retired police sergeant with 31 years of service, where he also was the chief firearms instructor. During that time Ken attended several firearms instructor schools, including several sponsored by the Colorado Law Enforcement Fire Arms Instructors Association. Ken also is a Master Glock Pistol Instructor. He also completed several LE Firearms Instructor classes with the NRA Law Enforcement Division, with emphasis in combat pistol, patrol rifle and patrol shotgun.
Ken is an NRA Training Counselor and is certified in, pistol, rifle, shotgun and muzzleloading. Ken has over 25 years of experience in firearms instruction.
Ken is also active in Boy Scouting and hold several different positions involving shooting sports for Scouts.
- National Rifle Association Training Counselor
Disciplines: rifle, shotgun, muzzleloading, pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer
- National Shooting Sports Director: Boy Scouts of America in all shooting sports disciplines
- National Camping School Shooting Sports Task Force Member, Boy Scouts of America
- Senior Firearms Shooting Sports Director and Chief Range Safety Officer-Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, New Mexico (Property of the Boy Scouts of America):
Instructs firearm safety and safe gun handling to youth and adults. Develops Standard Operating Procedures for the Ranges, and range layout and designs. Procures related shooting sports equipment/targets, firearms, ammunition and related equipment for shooting sports and train seasonal summer staff in NRA Certifications for pistol, rifle, shotgun, muzzleloading rifle.
- Western Region Pistol Safety and Marksmanship Training Instructor, Boy Scouts of America
- Faculty Member National Shooting Sports Seminars-Boy Scouts of America
- Member Single Action Shooting Society (SASS)
- United States Postal Inspection Service (law enforcement agency of the US Postal Service) and Department of Homeland Security-Retired
Wes comes to us with 30 years of experience teaching new shooters in all disciplines of firearms. As an NRA Training Counselor for ten years, he has taught hunreds of men and women on firearm safety, instructional methods and improved shooting techniques. His passions include precision rifle competition and sporting clays. He also teaches classes for concealed carry permits.
Wesley is available for both group and private training classes. Classes include introduction to pistol, rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloading.
Wes volunteers his time with the Boy Scouts of America with their development of national training programs. He is a member of its national task force and teaches instructors for their programs. As a current life member of the NRA, member of NSSF and other related firearm industry leaders, Wes donates time and resources to the Friends of NRA program and efforts to increase awareness of the 2nd Amendement.
In any spare time, Wes is a Level II climbing instructor and teaches motivational leadership skills.